Eman Zabi started a copywriting business in the upstairs bedroom of her parents’ house in Qatar. Now the founder and copywriter behind The Scribesmith, Eman and her team work with entrepreneurs launching courses and membership platforms.
Eventually, she realized that her love of research meant that her skills were best suited to the launch space. With a background in neuromarketing, international politics, and economics, Eman and her team take a strong research-driven approach to create copy that maximizes ROI, or as they like to say, gets clients an air-punching bottom line.
Eman now lives in Vancouver with her cat (Scribesmith’s Chief Officer of Cuddles), traveling every other month, drinking copious amounts of tea, and complaining about how it doesn’t rain enough.
This week on the Get Paid Podcast Eman joins us to chat about investing in mentorship and building relationships, and what being a young, brown, Muslim woman in business can sometimes feel like.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”“I think there’s so much noise in our industry and there’s nothing I would hate more than to be adding to it. So, until I have something that’s different and can make an impact, I don’t see the point in creating a course.” — Eman Zabi” quote=”“I think there’s so much noise in our industry and there’s nothing I would hate more than to be adding to it. So, until I have something that’s different and can make an impact, I don’t see the point in creating a course.” — Eman Zabi”]
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast
- When time-based retainers are a bad idea (and when they’re great) [4:18]
- Eman’s origin story [8:35]
- Why Eman invested in mentorship from the get-go [16:24]
- Why having a unique name pays off (Eman and Claire’s meet cute) [19:40]
- Milking the climb up Kilimanjaro [21:21]
- Showing up and doing the work to build relationships [22:49]
- Why Eman was nervous about having a personal brand [34:29]
- Being Muslim and a business owner [46:46]
- Moving to Canada for the squirrels [50:53]
- A crash course in immigrating to Canada [51:28]
- Building a small team [57:28]
- Having systems in place before shit hits the fan [1:02:28]
- Eight Mindset Shifts that Have Dramatically Changed My Business
- The Copywriter Club Podcast
- Kira and Rob’s Accelerator
- Kira’s Episode on GPP
- 10x Emails
- How Not to Travel Like a Basic Bitch
Connect with Eman Zabi:
The Most Important Training for Course Creators
If you’re like me, you’ve heard the talk: “Evergreen funnels aren’t effective. Only certain types of businesses can actually sell on autopilot”. But, that’s not true at all. I’ve made $50,000 in revenue with Mariah Coz’s evergreen funnel strategies.
Now, you can walk through her entire system in her free class: ‘How To Sell More Courses With An Evergreen Sales Funnel’. It’s kinda insane how detailed she gets in this training. Visit clairepells.com/ee to get it right now.
Now it’s time to GET PAID
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.