In a previous life, Kira was an art major who ended up working with global brands like Estee Lauder Companies. Now, she leads a team of multiple copywriters in a flex micro-agency focused on weird copy for courses and membership programs, while also co-owning The Copywriter Club with Rob Marsh, where she helps copywriters master their copywriting, business skills, and mindset.“I had been putting myself out there before I even started this copywriting business. I was sampling with other business ideas and connecting with people, and showing up online and a lot of different places... I was building relationships.” - Kira HugClick To Tweet
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast:
- How Rob and her business partner convert free group members to paying customers [44:20]
- The challenges of growing two businesses and being a mom [04:14]
- Paying to play in the relationship game [9:34]
- Why Kira pitched 30 podcasts in 30 days [11:27]
- Why you should consider putting on a bear suit aka why branding matters [18:14]
- How getting into the right room kickstarted Kira’s copywriting career [24:12]
- Kira’s take on raising your rates [26:46]
- How to create deeper connections in your mastermind [54:38]
- How much retreats actually cost and what pulling a great one really takes [59:45]
- Why copywriters should be running ads [1:13:44]
Connect with Kira Hug:
Step up Your Facebook Ads Game
Running Facebook and Instagram ads for other people? Whew, give yourself a pat on the back and buy yourself a drink, because that ain’t easy. You’re spending other people’s money (while they’re breathing down your neck) all while navigating the 101 curveballs Zuckerberg and friends are throwing your way.
We’re in the wild, wild west of online marketing, and you need the right sheriff to help you navigate pricing, packaging, and the murky hell that is managing client expectations.
If that sounds good to you, then saddle on up and ride on to the Ad Consultant Incubator to learn more.
Now it’s time to GET PAID
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.