Maritza Parra spent most of her career as a classical dressage equestrienne, performer and breeder of Andalusian & Lusitano horses. She built a thriving newsletter list of horse enthusiasts and sold instructional DVDs, books, products and riding clinics at her farm. Along the way, she began coaching women. After a riding accident in 2015 she decided to hang up her boots and sold her farm and horses in 2017.
She wrote the book Heartwork Journaling in 2018. Doodle Your Emotions series launched in 2020. Heartwork Journaling University was founded in 2020. The Heartwork Journaling Certification program began in 2022. Through these programs, she has helped thousands of people around the world learn how to coach themselves to or through anything using simple creativity tools. She spends her time doing what she loves – coaching and creating lessons for students in HJU, and teaching future HWJ Instructors and coaches.
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast:
- How 2005 became a defining year in Maritza’s life
- Getting interviewed by Opera before age 40 😱😱😱
- Why is $100k nothing?
- Going from 1:1 coaching to a list-building queen
- Culture baggage and money shame
- Making insane money from ads—steal Maritza’s ad strategy for free
- A painful Facebook group experience
- Results from Maritza’s $73k ad spend launch
- Is hiring from other parts of the world exploitation? Smart? Both?
Connect with Maritza Parra:
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.