If you’re someone who’s putting yourself out there, creating a personal brand, and connecting with potential customers, you’re going to find this episode particularly interesting.
I’ll be going through the 7 key skills that I think are essential if you want to set your business up for success. Here’s a quick summary:
- Be remarkable: You have to be compelling, interesting, and stand out from the crowd.
- Be able to sell: I used to get scared when it came to asking for a sale. Things were awkward and it took time to get comfortable with it.
- Write things that move people to take action: It doesn’t matter whether it’s social media posts, video scripts, or emails, the words you write have to motivate the reader to take the action you want them to take.
- Be comfortable out in public: When a big opportunity comes along, you want to already be comfortable talking to others about your profession.
- Tune out the noise and keep trying new things: It doesn’t matter if the noise is from those around you or your own “inner voice.” You need to learn to stay focused on what matters.
- Be willing and interested in doing mindset work: It took me nearly four years of being in business, but when I finally met with a mindset coach I realized what I’d been missing out on.
- Have a willingness to be coached: Even though I figured a lot of things out on my own, opening myself to the idea of being coached helped to scale my business and fast-track my success.
While not everyone’s situation is the same, I believe these are the seven things you need to maximize your chances of being successful.
Do you agree with my list or are there some things you would change? After listening to the episode, please feel free to publish your list on social media and share the link with me.
- Shanté Cofield, The Movement Maestro
- Chillpreneur book by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Tarzan Kay’s FREE Elegant Email Scripts Collection
- Denise Duffiled-Thomas on the Get Paid Podcast
- Jessica Eley on the Get Paid Podcast
- Mariah Coz’s Accelerator program
Connect with me:
Step up Your Facebook Ads Game
This episode of the Get Paid Podcast is sponsored by Claire’s free training, the 5 Ad Formula for Selling Online Courses on Autopilot.
Right now, people are spending way more time on Facebook and Instagram, which has significantly lowered ad costs for anyone currently running ads. Make sure you take advantage of this opportunity to grow your audience for cheap – go watch the 5 Ads Formula masterclass, and get at least ONE ad running ASAP. If you need extra help, Claire and her team of coaches have your back inside their signature ads course, Absolute FB Ads. Get all the details when you sign up to watch the masterclass at clairepells.com/5ads
Now it’s time to GET PAID
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.