Janelle Allen is a Learning Designer and serial entrepreneur who believes that every company is in the education business. For the past ten years, she’s worked with corporations such as Pearson Education, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Starbucks, and Apple to create training and online courses, using principles of adult learning and design.
On this week’s episode of the Get Paid Podcast, Janelle joins us to talk about how she pivoted her business to help entrepreneurs create profitable courses that change lives.'You've got to have a reputation of being a truth-teller. So many people think they're going to create a course and achieve their passive income dreams overnight.' - Janelle AllenClick To Tweet
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast
- WTF is instructional design? [4:56]
- Why Janelle traded her 6-figure agency to work with entrepreneurs [13:38]
- The course model versus service-based business [21:28]
- Completion rates – Do they really matter? [24:05]
- Self-paced courses: Linear versus “just in time” learning [26:18]
- How Janelle grew her audience [33:25]
- Impact of a hiatus on the podcast [50:19]
- Adding bonus segments to a podcast [52:19]
- The best way to get subscribers [1:04:00]
- Janelle’s sales process [1:06:44]
- Janelle’s revenue numbers [1:16:20]
- Finish Your Damn Course
- Launch Your List (How to Start an Email List)
- Brennan Dunn
- Brent Weaver
Connect with Janelle Allen:
Free Facebook Ads Masterclass
Today’s episode is brought to you by our Free Facebook Ads Masterclass. Five ad formulae that sell online courses on autopilot. People tell me all the time that even thinking about getting started with Facebook and Instagram ads feels incredibly overwhelming, and I don’t blame them. It isn’t easy! That’s why I recorded this masterclass to teach you about just 5 ads that you can use to sell more of your online course group program or mastermind.
Sign up, watch it, and then I want you to just choose one of those five ads to focus on to start, get instant access to the training here.
Now it’s time to GET PAID
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.