Tara McMullin (formerly Gentile) is back for our very first Where Are They Now episode. Tara’s the founder & host of What Works. She’s been connecting small business owners through mastermind groups and online community for over a decade. Whether on the podcast or in the online network, her goal is to facilitate the free flow of ideas, information, and inspiration between entrepreneurs.
She believes that no one person has the answer to “what works” in small business–but that, together, we can create a living, breathing knowledge-base of real-world solutions to all of our small business challenges.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”‘We use different levels of service. They’re operational levels as opposed to pricing, marketing, or customer levels. I’m not building a model to help people move up those levels; I’m providing three different service options for them. – Tara McMullin” quote=”‘We use different levels of service. They’re operational levels as opposed to pricing, marketing, or customer levels. I’m not building a model to help people move up those levels; I’m providing three different service options for them. – Tara McMullin”]
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast
- How changing her name affected both her personal life and business [2:47]
- What Donald Trump and small businesses have in common [12:17]
- Cult of Personality VS. Personality-based Brands [15:51]
- Is Instagram contributing to the rise of cults? [18:05]
- Realizing that she didn’t know how to market her business one year in [25:45]
- Building a business around conversations [28:24]
- Authoritarianism and Steamrolling Consent in List Building [40:15]
- Pricing strategies that Marginalize People of Color [47:55]
- Aspirational Pricing versus Value-based Pricing [51:01]
- Applications: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly [55:22]
- Should you be promoting your podcast on Medium? [57:51]
- Advice Culture and Why it’s Harmful [1:01:03]
- Navigating pay cuts as an Enneagram 3 [01:18:32]
- Dismantling Systems of Oppression in Business by Tara McMullin
- Money + Misdirection by Hillary Weiss
Connect with Tara McMullin:
Free Facebook Ads Masterclass
Today’s episode is brought to you by our Free Facebook Ads Masterclass. Five ad formulae that sell online courses on autopilot. People tell me all the time that even thinking about getting started with Facebook and Instagram ads feels incredibly overwhelming, and I don’t blame them. It isn’t easy! That’s why I recorded this masterclass to teach you about just 5 ads that you can use to sell more of your online course group program or mastermind.
Sign up, watch it, and then I want you to just choose one of those five ads to focus on to start, get instant access to the training here.
Now it’s time to GET PAID
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.