Nell McShane Wulfhart is a journalist from Philadelphia, currently based in Uruguay. As a former New York Times columnist and frequent contributor, Nell has carved out a career as a travel writer, author, and Decision Coach. She authored The Great Stewardess Rebellion: How Women Launched a Workplace Revolution at 30,000 Feet and the Audible Original, OFF MENU: THE SECRET SCIENCE OF FOOD AND DINING. She takes us on the journey of how she got paid to travel and write. On top of all that, she built a side coaching business helping people make big decisions on just about anything. She says “your therapist won’t tell you what to do, but I will.”
This Week on the Get Paid Podcast:
- The one invaluable lesson about getting paid Nell learned as a freelancer
- How Nell sold 2 book projects in a year and why risking a few months of unpaid work paid off
- The 2 things that need to be in place to get your creative projects commissioned
- Is there any real correlation between writing for the New York Times, travel writing, and book writing?
- What goes into getting an audiobook version of your writing
- How Nell finds an idea and then peaks the interest of publishers
- The one thing Nell has done for 450 days straight, even when she has no desire to do it
Connect with Nell Wulfhart
Also Mentioned in this Episode:
- The Four Tendencies Quiz
- The Great Stewardess Rebellion by Nell McShane Wulfhart
- Off Menu by Nell McShane Wulfhart
Thanks for tuning into the Get Paid Podcast! If you enjoyed today’s episode, head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe, rate, and leave your honest review. Connect with me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, visit my website for even more detailed strategies, and be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media.
Now, it’s time to go get yourself paid.